Good news Space Managers! Google Workspace is introducing new chat features to Spaces. These enhancements will enable you to improve team communication and collaboration.
Last year the Space Manager role was added to Google Chat which allowed you to:
- Add or remove participants
- Delete messages and spaces
- Update space access.
However, it still felt a bit limited. Google acknowledged this feedback and made the decision to introduce some new features.
The new Google Chat features for Space Managers will allow for even more effective team conversations:
- Space Configuration: Enables space managers to choose if members can change space details such as the name, icon, description, guidelines or turn chat history on/off for the space
- Member Management: Allows space managers to decide if members can add or remove members or groups to a space
- Conversation Moderation: Authorises space managers to determine whether members can use the @all in a space.
Admins do not have control over this feature, but end users can alter permissions. Clicking the “Space Menu” and selecting “Space Settings” will allow you to change the permissions as needed.
The rollout for these New Google Chat Features for Space Managers will be on the 27th of March 2023. The new capabilities will be available to all Google Workspace customers. This includes Legacy G Suite Basic and Business customers.
These features are not for personal Google Account users.
For more tips and interesting info click here for our blog page.