UPDATE: Google Workspace has just announced that as of 7th December 2023, eSignatures are now available for some Google Workspace users which include the new features they discussed previously.
eSignature expanded functionality
As we mentioned in the original blog below, Google Workspace was working on more features to add to their eSignature tool and they delivered. Now users can benefit from:
- Audit trail: all completed contracts will automatically contain an audit trail report. This significantly helps ensure that a company’s financial statements are trustworthy and can be counted on by stakeholders to make informed decisions.
- Multi-signer: request signatures for a contract from multiple people. By eliminating the need for individual contracts, you can now collect signatures from all stakeholders much faster.
- Non-Gmail users: Signature requests are no longer limited to Google Workspace users. Send them to customers, stakeholders, or vendors regardless of their platform.
- Initiating eSignature on PDF (still in beta): Get contracts signed without leaving Google Drive by initiating eSignatures on any PDF.
More to Come
As if this isn’t already great news, Google Workspace is working to improve eSignatures even further in the next few months by:
- PDF templates: the ability to easily reuse a PDF file as contract templates. Once your wording is perfect, sending contracts becomes a quick and effortless process and you can eliminate the worry of leaving anything important out.
- Custom text fields: the ability to ask signers to add relevant information (e.g. job titles, email addresses) to the contract. Signers adding relevant information directly to the contract improves data accuracy, reduces errors, simplifies document management, saves time, and creates a more user-friendly experience.
This shows that we, as Google Workspace users, are all one step closer to ditching our other third-party app eSignature subscriptions and managing all our business in one place, making our admin work a breeze.
If you need to catch up with what we’re on about, read our original blog below:
eSignatures for Google Docs and Drive
Google Workspace has some big news for us. They’re bringing eSignatures directly to Google Docs and Drive, making it super easy to get your documents signed securely. No more hassle with third-party apps or worries about misplaced contracts!
This feature was initially tested in June 2022 and now, after receiving valuable feedback and positive responses, Google Workspace is launching its beta test.
eSigning in Google Drive
eSigning in Google Docs
Why eSignatures for Google Docs and Drive?
Keeping track of contracts and agreements, especially for small businesses, can be tricky. With this new feature, you can request and add signatures directly within Google Docs, eliminating the risk of losing important agreements.
Both end-users and admins will find it easier to:
- Request signatures from potential clients quickly
- Monitor pending signatures and locate completed contracts
- Sign official contracts directly in Google Drive, no need to switch tabs or apps
- Use your document as a template for multiple eSignatures
Although the eSignature feature is currently in beta, Google Workspace plans to enhance it later this year with:
- Audit Trail: Completed contracts will include an automatic audit trail report.
- Multi-Signer: Allow more than one user to sign a contract or agreement.
- Non-Gmail Users: Get eSignatures from users without Gmail accounts.
- Initiating eSignature on PDF: Start eSignatures on PDF files stored in Drive.
There’s an open beta for Google Workspace individual subscribers, letting them use eSignatures without extra signups. Also, selected Google Workspace Customers will be able to join a special beta test.
So say goodbye to clunky eSignature apps and hello to seamless signing within Google Workspace!
We will keep you updated as soon as we get more info!